Saturday, May 17, 2008

God protects his people..

On the way home from my friends place tonight I had a very scary experience.

Now, I guess, you guys reading this, probably won't see why I found it so scary.

And, if any of you who read my blog are girls, you might understand :D

So, I was driving. Now normally when I drive at night, I lock my doors.
It's just something my momma trained me to do.

Some reason tonight, I forgot. I had just missed some traffic lights, and came to a stop, when I saw this slightly strange looking guy walking across the road in front of me.

I was the only car at the traffic light, and there was no one else around.

I was kinda like, he looks weird, but didn't care too much. I didn't want to lock my doors at this stage, in case he was actually watching me and noticed, and thought I looked scared.

So he walks across the road and stops right in front of my car, stares at me, then sorta waves blankly at me, and then has this strange grin on his face. I'm not really sure what he was tryna do or why... but he's standing there.

At this point, I wasn't really stressed, I just locked my doors and waved him away and he walked to a little bit to the side of my car and I drove forward as far as i could. I could still see him looking at me in my wing mirror.

Suddenly, I was freaked out! I just prayed "Jesus Christ protect me" again and again and again.

And the lights turned green, and I drove away...

Jesus did protect me. I don't really understand if this guy was a threat to me or not. But it sure gave me a scare... but its one of those answers to prayer that you're not really sure how much you were saved from!

There's currently a police helicopter searching that area - I can see it out my window, so maybe I was saved from something pretty bad! I really don't know.

But I'm grateful. I was protected.

Sometimes for me, having been a Christian so much of my life, I don't really know or understand what I was saved from. I only have to look around me at the utter depravity of the fallen nature of man and the world to see what I was saved from, and the purpose that I was saved for!

Actually, on second thoughts, I only need to look inside myself and how messed up I am. How tainted I am, how impure my thoughts are, my actions... my speech.

I'm so excited about the mission for me, as a member of the Body of Jesus Christ to bring 'heaven to earth' in ways that impact, reshape, redeem and offer something so much greater than the story that is lived out in society today. And the chance that I have to LIVE IN AND OUT OF that redemption story.

(Spent the day today at the 'Wineskin Talk' put on by BCNZ - with Rod Thompson and Mark Strom speaking about the church and it's mission and characteristics. Will post some more thoughts on it, once the cotton wool in my brain subsides!)

No comments: